Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Art Battle on Oxford St.... this Thursday!!

This Thursday night, I am flexing my art muscles in a live art battle on Oxford St!
Its set to be a fun filled night full of good music, drinking, dancing and a hell of a lot of art!

Name this bar on Oxford Street is a unique, brilliant bar, it hosts fantastic DJ's, live music and of course... live art battles!

Six great artists have already battled it out on the pubs walls over the last few months....I am next on the list and battling against a damn good artist, Claire Nakazawa.

The art theme for this battle is "A view from my mind" so I of course have all sorts of crazy ideas running around in my head at the moment.....now to pick one?!
 
So come join in on the fun, have a drink and cheer me on, while I make as much of a mess of the pub walls as possible =)

Name this bar is on Taylor Square end of Oxford St, look out for my Sunday Sets Mural on the outside and you can't miss it!



Clip of Previous Art Battle at name this bar!


A snip-it on Art Battles -
Art Battles Australia is a unique LIVE art movement - hosted at Oxford Street's Name This Bar - combining art and entertainment, with a competitive edge, giving artists and entertainers the opportunity to expose their talents to the public in live shows and exhibitions.
In a way that a fashion designer uses a catwalk to promote their label, Art Battles Australia uses high pressure competitions and entertainment to promote the creative talents of Australian artists from all walks of life.

Dont forget to like their Facebook page, so you can keep up to date on the semi final rounds....here's hoping I will be painting my way through them!

Wish me luck peoples...hope to see some of your friendly faces there on the night!



2 comments:

  1. Good Luck Sally.

    I'll try to be there is Thursday. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vinh. Was so good to see you, Stuart and Anthony there.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete